This is a strategic agreement with a select group of Computer Science departments and Cryptography labs at eleven universities around the globe.
The program accounts for 1.95% of the initial NU token supply, giving the participating universities a meaningful stake in the NuCypher network. In exchange, the universities have agreed to stake the tokens and run nodes for at least three years.
For NuCypher, the purpose of this program is several-fold:
- Further diversification of nodes for the NuCypher network;
- Establishment of close ties to leading academics and scientists for future research collaboration;
- Engagement of new, technically sophisticated actors into the blockchain and PoS space.
The participating universities are listed below (in alphabetical order):
- Arizona State University
- VeriGu Lab at Columbia University
- Seoul National University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- University of California at Berkeley
- University College London
- University of Málaga
- University of Novi Sad
- University of Waterloo